What is passion? You love what you do. You are excited and energized. Whether you are looking for a new job or already on the career ladder then you want to make a positive contribution to the company. Your energy is seen by those around you and there is no struggle between ‘work life balance’. You are so energized about your work and working to your strengths that both you and the company will benefit.
You are achieving objectives and winning. You love your job so much you would work for nothing! People will always achieve their own objectives, perfectly every time. When these personal objectives are aligned to the organizations, then you are in perfect harmony and it is easier to demonstrate passion for your work and life.
Why do I need it? If you are searching for that elusive first job then passion will help you in the selection process. It is difficult to learn or teach and will give you the edge. If you are a team leader, manager or other senior leader then you will understand that your behavior will affect directly on the team. A manager with high energy and passion will transmit that to his team. Excited people have energy, they are driven, and they are positive and have a clear mindset for success. They are focused on their goals and it is a pleasure to be around them. They energize a room, a team or a project.
If you are asked to lead the team and you lack engagement, are not excited or passionate then do your company a favor and do not take the promotion. A leader that is not excited and has no passion will kill any team spirit. The success of the team rises and falls on your passion. The options to be indifferent or negative are not open to anyone in a leadership role. Leaders should demonstrate passion and be driven for a cause beyond themselves.
How can I demonstrate passion?
1. Smile, be engaging and be energized by the interview, task, assignment or project.
2. Show 100% personal commitment to the objective, team and company.
3. Do not accept average performance of yourself and others.
4. On a dull Monday morning, do not just count the days to the weekend. Keep high energy from Monday at 9am to Friday at 5pm.
5. Go the extra mile and do not watch the clock for finishing time.
6. Treat the company and its resources as if they were your own. Consider your daily salary. At the end of the working day, consider if you have added value.
7. Surround yourself with five key influencers. If those around you are also driven and positive, that will help you.
8. Take full responsibility for your results and do not make excuses. Problems happen, that is life, get on with it!
The more passionate you are the more successful you will be. Be powered by passion and achieve your objectives …
Making Steps and Leaving Footprints…